【Quick-Boiled Soup Recipe】5 Simple Soup Recipes ready in 10 Mins
It would be great if there is a hot and yummy soup to drink after work. However, when it comes to Chinese soup, many people would immediately think of the complicated steps and preparation work which takes 1-2 hours. And these would probably stop the busy city dwellers from spending time to boil soup ... ... Quick-boiled soup then would be the perfect choice for all the soup lover because it takes you only 15 minutes to make it. For this time, Kay, the key person of "healthcare is the new black ," introduces you to 5 simple soup recipes.
Written by: Daphne Wu｜Photo: Envato
Photo by Envato－ Artem_ka & twenty20photos
Kay is familiar with quick-boiled soup because she lived with her grandma since childhood. She has had quick-boiled soup made by her grandma few days every week back then. "There is a formula for boiling soup, "Boil 3 and Simmer 4", which means that in order to make a proper and more nutritious soup, it takes 3 hours to boil and 4 hours to simmer the soup. Although quick-boiled soup may not provide really strong therapeutic effect, it still can help our body to absorb nutrients and beneficial to our body under the hot weather or when we have no appetite at all.” Kay, who has studied health preservation and has taken course in female health care of Chinese medicine, suggested that the following 5 recipes would be suitable for summer. Melons and Fruits are the main ingredients of those soups and they have the function of clear and relieve our body internal heat. Let's go get the ingredients on the weekend and prepare yourself a good soup everyday.
Photo by Envato－ grafvision
SOUP RECIPE 1: BRASSICA JUNCEA AND SALTED EGG WITH LEAN MEAT
2 brassica juncea
1 salted egg
4 ginger slices
13 bowls water
- Marinate the pork with soy sauce, sugar, soy flour, pepper, and sesame oil for an hour.
- Wash and slice the brassica juncea.
- Separate the salted egg yolk and egg white, and then slice the egg yolk into 4 small pieces.
- Fry the ginger slices in the boiling oil, then add and stir-fry the pork until it is half cooked. After that, add the brassica juncea and stir-fry them together with the pork.
- Add 13 bowls of water and make it boil. Add the egg yolk into the boiling water and cook for 5 minutes. Add the remaining egg white and boil it for 2 minutes. Then it is read to serve.
SOUP RECIPE 2 : WHITE GOURD AND MUSSEL WITH STRAW MUSHROOMIngredients:
200g white gourd
15 straw mushroom
4 ginger slices
- Marinate the ribs with soy sauce, sugar, soy flour, pepper, and sesame oil for an hour.
- Stone and slice the white gourd (with skin on)
- Wipe the straw mushrooms with kitchen paper and cut into half.
- Wash the mussels.
- Fry the ginger slices in the boiling oil, then add and stir-fry the ribs until half-cooked. Add straw mushrooms and mussels for a quick stir-fry.
- Add 13 bowls of water and add the white gourd afterwards.
- Bring to the boil then reduce heat, cook for 40 minutes. Then it is ready to serve.
BOILING SOUP RECIPE 3 : PRESERVED VEGETABLES AND TOFU WITH SEAWEED
1 serving tofu
1/2 slices seaweed
150g minced pork
2 spoon preserved vegetables
2 ginger slices
- Marinate minced pork with soy sauce, sugar, soy flour, pepper and sesame oil.
- Soak seaweed in water for 10 minutes, and slice tofu into cubes.
- Stir-fry sliced ginger in the boiling oil and then add the minced pork.
- Pour into 10 bowls of water into the pot. Add tofu, seaweed, and preserved vegetables, mix well, cook for 10 minutes and serve.
SOUP RECIPE 4 : CHI QUA, JINHUA HAM, BAMBOO FUNGUS WITH DRIED SCALLOPS SOUP
1 whole Chi Qua
5 dried scallop
50g Jinhua ham
8 bamboo fungus
3 jujube fruit
- Wash, peel and slice the Chi Qua
- Soak the bamboo fungus until it become soft and slice them. Blanch the Jinhua ham and wash the jujube fruit for later use.
- Add 13 bowls of water, Chi Qua, Jinhua ham, jujube fruit, and dried scallops into the pot. Bring to boil in high heat, then turn to medium and low heat and cook for an hour. Finally, add bamboo fungus and cook for another 20 minutes. Ready to serve.
SOUP RECIPE 5 : PORK LIVER AND LYCIUM CHINENSE WITH LEAN MEAT SOUP
100g pork liver
300g lycium chinense
150g lean meat
3 ginger slices
3 ginger slices (shred)
- Rinse the pork liver slices and soak for half an hour, absorb the excess water with kitchen paper. Then marinate it with soy sauce, salt, sugar, rice wine, sesame oil, and shredded ginger for 30 minutes.
- Marinate the pork with soy sauce, sugar, soy flour, and pepper for half an hour.
- Pick the lycium chinense leaves and soak for 15 minutes.
- Boil the 10 bowls of water, sliced ginger and minced pork in the pot on high heat for 10 minutes, then add the lycium chinense till the water boils. At last, add the pork liver and boil for 3 minutes. Ready to serve.
Healthcare is the new black ( IG @regimenisthenewblack ), the principal Kay Chan